Reflection

Image result for reflection as a teacher


Reflective practice has become the buzz word in teacher education.  It is process through which effective educators critically examine self on a regular basis in order to improve professional practice. Since teaching is such a complex task it also requires teachers to reflect on their practice for our professional development so that students’ performance can be improved. As an educator, I place emphasis on reflecting on my actions so as to continue learning. This is simply because a teacher never stops learning.  When I reflect I think about my actions and how I can improve in my practice. What could I have done differently? What were the weaknesses? What were my strengths? Doing this is an important way to bring together theory and practice.


One of the features of critical reflection is critical thinking. It provides an opportunity to analyze everything that happens in the classroom. For me to really classroom circumstances I need to understand why something happened, how it happened and “what if” is essential for improvement to take place. Such understanding can only take when I constantly engage in reflection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog